Daniel Officer Promoted to Managing Director
Sperry, Mitchell & Company is pleased to announce the promotion of Daniel Officer to Managing Director.
Since joining our firm, Dan has proven himself to be an invaluable member of the SMC team, having successfully initiated and closed numerous transactions across a variety of industries, including industrial manufacturing, chemicals, distribution, packaging, and business services.
Dan was chosen as the Dealmaker of the Year by the Association for Corporate Growth in 2015, and Dealmaker of the Year by Finance Monthly in 2014. In addition, he was recognized as a 2016 Annual Emerging Leader by The M&A Advisor. Dan is an active member of the Investment Banking Committee for the New York Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth.
Dan earned a B.A. with honors from Dickinson College, and lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
Select transaction highlights include:
• The recapitalization of Green Creative LLC, a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative LED lighting, by Fulton Capital and Merit Capital.
• The sale of Cue & Case Sales, a leading designer and distributor of billiard products & accessories, to Escalade Inc. (NASDAQ:ESCA).
• The recapitalization of Griswold Corp., a leading manufacturer of open-cell rubber and urethane foam products, by Strait Lane Capital Partners.
• The sale of Litecontrol Corporation, a leading designer and manufacturer of architectural interior lighting fixtures, to Hubbell, Inc. (NYSE:HUB.B).
• The sale of Itran Precision Rubber, a manufacturer of custom molded rubber products, to Acme Machell Company.
• The sale of Acetylene Oxygen Company, the largest independent distributor of industrial gases in South Texas, to Praxair Inc. (NYSE:PX).