SMC STRENGTHS & CAPABILITIES
The dynamics and challenges of middle market sale assignments are quite different than those involving larger companies. Because we specialize in arranging these smaller transactions, we have developed a specific skill set necessary in getting these deals done. Sperry, Mitchell & Company has arranged over 300 deals since our founding in 1986, establishing a reputation for professionalism, dedication, integrity and results.
How we approach the business:
- Personal involvement of Sperry Mitchell Founders and Principals: A Principal of our firm is involved in every transaction from commencement to closing. We use our experience, knowledge and dedication in guiding our clients through the intricacies of the deal process to accomplish their goals.
- Specialization in representing sellers: Our only business is representing sellers of private companies. We never represent buyers, either in acquisition searches or financings, and are under no pressure to favor any particular buyer. Our independence keeps us clear of any potential conflicts of interest.
- Focus on advising private companies: We understand the unique nature of private companies and their owners. We recognize that our clients often care as much about the impact of a deal on their company culture, their employees and their community as they care about the purchase price. We listen to our clients and find buyers who will accommodate the breadth of their economic and non-economic goals.
- Expertise in middle market transactions: Our niche focus has proved invaluable in assisting our clients on valuation expectations, as well as identifying the most active and aggressive buyers in this sector of the market. We have the expertise and experience necessary to successfully execute deals in a timely manner.
- Global access to a wide range of acquirers: We actively interface with a large universe of potential acquirers and investors, including many leading domestic and foreign acquirers and private equity funds. We carefully research and screen all potential buyers to ensure a good fit for our client.
SMC COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
We had several non-synergistic divisions under a holding company to sell as a single entity, and without the guidance and professionalism of Sperry, Mitchell, we would not have been successful in communicating our story. They were able to boil down a rather complex sale into one that generated far more interest than we had anticipated. As a result of that expertise, we not only achieved an outstanding sale for our investors, but one that took far less time than originally forecasted.
S. Windsor, CT
From our original contact to the close of our transaction, Sperry Mitchell showed qualities like persistence, intelligence, sophistication, and integrity, while working tirelessly to conclude the sale process within our agreed to guidelines. We were impressed from day one with their ability to listen and then quickly understand our business and communicate our story in an effective way to potential buyers. We couldn’t have been happier with the whole process which lead to both buyer and seller being truly pleased with the transaction.
Mission Hills, CA
I was very impressed with the amount of professionalism and dedication that was shown by everyone at Sperry Mitchell toward my business, my personal needs, and my staff in bringing our company to market. The ability of the Sperry team to engrain themselves within our business really made it feel like they were actually in our office everyday working to help us get the best deal. Even though our offices and operations were located in Pennsylvania, it felt like they were around the corner and always willing to make whatever trip was necessary. I would highly recommend choosing Sperry Mitchell to sell a business, as I too will be searching for that next opportunity to once again work together with this great firm.
John S. Yarosz